Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Where to begin?

Deciding to homeschool can be a daunting task. But how to begin? If you have ample time to make a decision, let me suggest starting with a convention. Conventions can be a great place to catch the vision of what your homeschool could be. It is kind of like going to the mall. You will see lots of options in lots of price ranges. This CAN be overwhelming if you don't have a lot of time to make a decision. I'll talk about what to do if you have to start homeschooling fast here.

I went to my first convention seven years ago, when my oldest child was three years old. I had no idea what to expect. Thankfully the keynote speaker there was Rick Boyer. I walked away filled with confidence. I realized I had already been teaching my child from his very first day. Opening a book would not change that. And I knew everything he learned would flow out of my love for him. I felt free.

So, this is my message to you: you CAN do it! It just takes courage and perseverance, like any other goal you want to achieve.

Links updated on 3/24/2020.

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Home schooling parents will find encouragement, understanding and resources here.

    ReplyDelete