Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Video-Based, Online Writing Program


When I was at my local homeschool convention this June, I ran across the booth for Here to Help Learning. I met the founder and listened to her description of the program. I was pleased with the approach and the price. I have started using the program with my two learners. I am using both levels of the program - mastering paragraphs and mastering essays. So far, we have really been enjoying it!

It is a two-day-per-week program. On the first day, you watch the videos and do a little writing. The other day of the week, kids do an assignment (like homework).

I feel like I know what good writing looks like, but explaining it without a curriculum was daunting for me. I was also concerned about introducing literary concepts without structure or guidance. So, I knew I needed help, but my kids (especially my son) HATED everything I tried. This program has been more palatable to him. He likes how it is broken into digestible chunks. My younger daughter loves the fun videos and the doggie mascot.

The program is Christian, but the focus is definitely the writing! I had never encountered a video-based writing program before and I thought perhaps you had not either. I hope this post proves helpful to you. Enjoy!



Updated 3/24/2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment