Thursday, March 5, 2015

A No-Fuss, No-Cutting Timeline for Mystery of History

Updated 3/24/2020.

In 2015, I started using Mystery of History and I thought it was great. I like the approach of mixing Bible events and other historical events into the same timeline so you can see when they were in relation to each other. But to be honest I was a little intimidated by the extras the texts calls for by way of flash cards, and timeline and timeline figures, even though I think they add a lot to the topic. So, I decided to make it easy on myself and bought the flash cards and timeline figures offered. Totally worth the little bit of extra money, in my opinion. That just left the timeline. Again I was intimidated. (Can you tell I am not always enthused about getting crafty?) So, I did a little hunting around and I feel like I came up with a usable and easy alternative to the lovely timeline suggested by the author.

I bought a BIG tri-fold poster board and some bulletin board borders and voilĂ , timeline! Here's what I got:

1 Elmer's Premium Tri-Fold Foam Display Board, 36 x 48 Inches, Black (These come in white, too.)
https://amzn.to/2vJKW3o

1 package Carson Dellosa White Borders (These come in lots of colors.) These fit perfectly on the Elmer's board without cutting! http://amzn.to/2b7vQcO


And that's it! I glued the borders to the board with a little Elmer's glue and after letting them dry under some heavy books, it was ready to go. Here is a picture of my board with some figures on it. I fold it flat and store it under the sofa when not in use.


So good luck and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment